Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Ooh Aah Oohs.

Oh, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto...

Today is my last day here and I ought to let you know that I'm going to miss you, Toronto. I'm going to miss Palmerston Street and Bloor Cinema and Trinity Bellwoods Park. Leslie Street Spit and Ideal Coffee...that bench at Euclid and College with the bronze man and little boy who permanently inhabit it. Riding my bike along the lakeshore. That stretch of Mackenzie Crescent between Lisgar and Dovercourt where the road is lined with the prettiest old houses and trees who's leaves explode with colour this time of year. Not to mention the dilapidated mansion where Mackenzie Crescent meets Dovercourt...with its crumbling gargoyles and roaming vines. The people - some of my favourite boys and girls in the whole wide world. Casa Loma. Mill St. Tankhouse Ale. The greatest movie rental places EVER. The Kit Kat factory that makes my neighborhood smell of chocolate every morning and evening...

It's a fact of life. Wherever I find myself the grass will always always seem greener over yonder, but here in Toronto the grass was pretty goshdarn green.

Will I have an address here again? I have no idea. The chances could be anywhere between nine percent and ninety nine percent, which I suppose makes them about fifty/fifty at this point. So, my lovely city, thanks for the fun. See you again.

P.S. - Jaq and Emma. Please do me a favour this winter and take full advantage of the cozy, wonderfully cluttered hibernation cave that is our apartment. I'm going to miss you lovely ladies. Hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment